Page 1 of 1

Leon The Professional

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

By chance I borrowed the above titled DVD movie from the local council library. Once again (as similar to the Commissioner see this forum) I thoroughly recommend it. And once again it's from Europe (in English)
I do not wish to reveal the plot but be warned...as Europe is much more progressive in social attitudes (approx. a zillion years or so) than Australia, this movie contains elements of implied paedophilia as seen from Australian not European eyes. However there are no explicit sexuality involved as it involves a one way lovedream as seen from the little girl's point of view.The older man in fact continually refuses her advances throughout the movie. The movie actually contains more violence than anything else. I cannot say anymore for fear I may reveal the plot.
The cast is superb with two of the protagonists in for a special mention. Gary Oldman and Natalie Portman.
At the commencement of the movie Gary Oldman starts to "steal the show and continues to do so". However by the end of the movie Natalie Portman who was only 12 years old at the time just "pipped him" in "stealing the show". This is quite an achievement for a little girl.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

#2 User is offline   Senexx 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Rented it myself that not long ago. I had however seen it before.
That's the whole point HE is meant to be oblivious - a little slow.

Support the Independents, Democracy always needs and requires a balance of power.

Counter Insurgent,

Deficit Terrorist Unit

#3 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Yes I had a feeling that I have seen it before too on Australian TV. But it was so long ago....some 15 years or so that I forgot the plot.I also got the feeling that because it was, as far as I am aware, never re-run on Australian TV during that time (and the practice is to re-run movies all the time) there were complaints and TV stations were then reluctant to re-run it.Society in Australia is so backward in it's attitudes and it can be noted without difficulty. I happened to watch Insight on SBS where there discussing senior citizens and their sexual activity.
Every time sex was mentioned in connection with the elderly there were gasps of embarrassment from the audience.And the audience looked extremely uncomfortable discussing the subject.The young too are contaminated by backwardness...they think that an older male person who is sexually active is a "dirty old man". I mean we are still discussing breast feeding in public here in Australia. These issues in Europe are taken for granted and no one gives a sh***t.....they just live and let live.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply