Page 1 of 1

The Pope is full of s***t!

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

The new Pope's comments on the Catholic Church's sex abuse scandals...said nothing except the utterings of platitudes in order to soothe those brainwashed followers of the cult know as the Catholic Church and I am just wondering how long is the world (and it's law enforcement agencies) are prepared to continue to tolerate this obvious crap.I believe that around the world there are hundreds of Catholic priests who are suspected of child abuse running around freely with various governments and police casting a blind eye as a favor to the Catholic Church.
However what is more concerning is that there are as many more Catholic priests who became aware of this child abuse of their colleagues via the confessional and are using the Church's dogmatic policy of the "seal of the confessional" to keep it secret.
Now in every developed country's (state) laws child abuse is a criminal offence. As well, covering up any crime is considered a criminal offence in itself.
What the Pope should have said was that the country's (state) laws prevail over any other policy, opinion, statement, dictates etc of any organization in any country......including the Church's dogmatic policy of the "seal of the confessional". This means in effect that those priests who became aware of that child abuse via the confessional and who kept it a secret are not protected under the law and if I was prosecuting and solid evidence is provided these priests would be charged as well as accessories after the fact (of a crime).
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

#2 User is offline   Roderick 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNew England, NSW, Australia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postdumbcluck, on 06 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

The new Pope's comments on the Catholic Church's sex abuse scandals...said nothing except the utterings of platitudes in order to soothe those brainwashed followers of the cult know as the Catholic Church and I am just wondering how long is the world (and it's law enforcement agencies) are prepared to continue to tolerate this obvious crap.I believe that around the world there are hundreds of Catholic priests who are suspected of child abuse running around freely with various governments and police casting a blind eye as a favor to the Catholic Church.
However what is more concerning is that there are as many more Catholic priests who became aware of this child abuse of their colleagues via the confessional and are using the Church's dogmatic policy of the "seal of the confessional" to keep it secret.
Now in every developed country's (state) laws child abuse is a criminal offence. As well, covering up any crime is considered a criminal offence in itself.
What the Pope should have said was that the country's (state) laws prevail over any other policy, opinion, statement, dictates etc of any organization in any country......including the Church's dogmatic policy of the "seal of the confessional". This means in effect that those priests who became aware of that child abuse via the confessional and who kept it a secret are not protected under the law and if I was prosecuting and solid evidence is provided these priests would be charged as well as accessories after the fact (of a crime).

Have you got a problem with Catholicism?

Self-defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

#3 User is offline   GeorgeParsons 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostRoderick, on 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

I have a problem with religion!

#4 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostRoderick, on 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

I do when the Pope or any other spokesperson for the Catholic Church declares self investigation of crimes!
Child abuse is a crime. The Catholic Church has no power or authority to investigate crime. Only law enforcement has this power and authority to do so. The Catholic Church is a nothing....a powerless organization in doing this and to pretend that it is doing so is just a confidence trick on all of us and I am just wondering when this world we live in is going to wake up to all this horsh**t from the Pope and others.At no time has the Catholic Church publicly invited law enforcement to investigate these crimes.....in fact there were allegations (e.g from a law enforcement officers here in Australia)that it actually hindered these investigations

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply