Page 1 of 1

Dumbos!

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Should they be called thus ?. Well see for yourself.
Watching Q&A on the ABC on Monday night last I must be fair and say not all participants are of this category.
One journalist by the name of David Marr wrote a book on Abbott and boy, was he publiscizing his work. We were told that Abbott is of sound character and even when he was a Minister in the Howard Government....he was a "rebel" Minister but alas he kept it secret due to cabinet solidarity. Poor Tony....all that intelligence and rebellion and we never knew about it for 13 years of the Howard era.
Marr however forgot one thing. Abbott's administrative prowess when in government and basically they are quite obvious to me an aged pensioner....and not to Marr a respected journalist?
Basically this is what is going to happen (and I am telling you instead of Marr)
From day one of a Coalition government...a budget surplus will endlessly be chased with cutbacks in every Federal program. Oh they will fool the dumb electorate by giving financial 'crumbs' here and there but basically the electorate will suffer via drastic short changing of Federal programs .And this time they have a 'fall guy'...the previous Gillard Government!
For example the new National Disability Insurance scheme will remain but with a difference. If accessibility to it presently is of a short duration.....due to cutbacks it's accessibility will become quite a longer wait. Quite a loooooooooooooonger wait!
It's modern day politics dumbos and it is occurring in every country. The electorates will have to face budget cutbacks which ever political party wins power. Their only choice is then......cutbacks or harsher cutbacks (what is called draconian). Remember the severity of those cutbacks will impact on your lifestyle and that of your family's at sometime during your lifetime. The former as far as Australia is concerned represents Labor in government and the latter the Coalition. Think of that when you cast your vote next Federal election
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

#2 User is offline   icey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postdumbcluck, on 16 April 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

It's modern day politics dumbos and it is occurring in every country. The electorates will have to face budget cutbacks which ever political party wins power.

Or then there's the popular non-dumbo Greek financial model known as sovereign debt favoured by popular ALP bright sparks and their devotees across the nation.

#3 User is offline   NotFrogman 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Posticey, on 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Or then there's the popular non-dumbo Greek financial model known as sovereign debt favoured by popular ALP bright sparks and their devotees across the nation.

Only dumbos think that Australia has a sovereign debt problem.

#4 User is offline   Bam 

• Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostNotFrogman, on 16 April 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Only dumbos think that Australia has a sovereign debt problem.

The AAA rating that Australia enjoys from the three major ratings agencies is proof of this. Only seven countries have the top rating with all three ratings agencies.

#5 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Posticey, on 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Icey if Abbott is as half as intelligent as you, he will make the best PM...not only in Australia, but the world!
Now you know as well as I do that you cannot compare Europe's financial woes to that of Australia. So why do you keep trying. In Australia we had perpetual austerity measures.Europe was more people friendly with it's social services...certainly much more than Australia ever was....and will be. In fact as an example while we pay our Aged Pensioners here in Australia around 25% of the wage...in Europe it's closer to 60%. And that was their downfall.

#6 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

This post is an example of how our "white haired favorite boys" on this forums get away with it.
Icey as usual is clearly way off topic with his response. This is not his first offense either as he clearly misunderstands all my posts. The only explanation that I can come up with is that he either thinks I writing in a foreign language or he is just plain illiterate. And the reason why I know that he misunderstands it is because he never comments on the contents of the posts and then states whether he agrees or disagrees with it and supports his assertions by comments. This is how it is supposed to be done. However Icey..just fires away on something which is off topic instead.
As far as I am aware I am writing in the English language. But because he is Icey, the moderator lets him get away with it. When I posted an article titled "Talents" the moderator quite quickly considered it to be topical of another post and acted accordingly.
Now any intelligent reader would get the final gist of the above post as being that Australians have only two choices...that of "budgetary cutbacks".....or "harsher budgetary cutbacks". Both represent the noted political parties. Icey as usual misunderstood the message and responded....as usual off topic. I ask...what relevance has the "greek financial crisis " to the message of that post?
Absolutely nothing!

#7 User is offline   lenxyz 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postdumbcluck, on 18 April 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

This post is an example of how our "white haired favorite boys" on this forums get away with it.

Moderators do not play favourites on this board. It is clear from our postings that the two most active moderators come from the opposite sides of the political divide.

We are agreed however, and firmly of one mind, that the rules of this board must be upheld and infringements by the politically right or left, “white haired favourite boys” or not, will be acted upon if the complaint is justified.

It is not usually publicly announced that action, such as an enforced period of suspension, has been taken. Be assured however those posters who break the rules get a holiday.

If you have complaints, then as Bam has said a number of times, use the report button. We cannot always monitor every post and act immediately.

In this case I am not sure you really have an entirely valid case for complaint. Less or more budget deficits have everything to do with sovereign debt. However IF you had formally complained, and there was a question on the validity of the complaint, as moderator I would have sought advice from other mods.

#8 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thank you mods...however I am not prepared to take formal action against my old buddy Icey. I have better things to do. I just commented on how I saw the situation that is all

#9 User is offline   Bam 

• Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Lenxyz, I endorse the contents of your post.

A brief comment:

View Postlenxyz, on 18 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Moderators do not play favourites on this board. It is clear from our postings that the two most active moderators come from the opposite sides of the political divide.

This is by design.

BAM

#10 User is offline   icey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postdumbcluck, on 18 April 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thank you mods...however I am not prepared to take formal action against my old buddy Icey.

Ouch! :lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply