The Daily Wire: Abbott's staffer accused of "cut throat" remarks - The Daily Wire

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Abbott's staffer accused of "cut throat" remarks

#1 User is offline   Bam 

  • Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 3205
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Abbott denies staffer made 'throat cut' comments

Quote

Federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has denied reports a senior staff member told a prominent Australian he would "cut his throat" if the Coalition wins the election.

News Limited journalist Peter van Onselen says he was at a Qantas party in Sydney last night when he overheard the staffer make the threat.


Tony Abbott staffer told eminent Australian: 'We'll cut your throat'

Quote

A SENIOR Tony Abbott staffer threatened to "cut the throat" of an eminent Australian last night at the gala Qantas party, political commentator Peter Van Onselen has said.

Van Onselen, who witnessed the threat, told news.com.au a male, "very senior member of Abbott’s staff" told the prominent Australian, who works in the not-for-profit sector, he would "cut his throat" when "we" are in Government.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#2 User is offline   Bam 

  • Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 3205
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Tony Abbott staffer apologises for dinner clash (paywalled)

Quote

TONY Abbott's director of policy Dr Mark Roberts has been counselled after he threatened the head of an Australian indigenous body with the loss of federal funding.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#3 User is offline   Bam 

  • Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 3205
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Abbott demotes staffer over 'throat cut' comment

Quote

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott has demoted his policy director after the staffer allegedly told the chief executive of an Indigenous education organisation he would "cut his throat" if the Coalition wins the election.


Abbott's been quite the bumbler in handling this.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#4 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

And Gillard has a staffer that organised a RIOT!

I think when comparing staffer failures, that will take some beating.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#5 User is offline   Roderick 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2748
  • Joined: 15-April 12
  • LocationNew England, NSW, Australia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

And Gillard has a staffer that organised a RIOT!

I think when comparing staffer failures, that will take some beating.

Inadvertently caused a riot; there is a difference.

The country's politics is coming to a poor state when the remarks of a pissed staffer are heralded as news.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Self-defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.
0

#6 User is offline   NotFrogman 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 856
  • Joined: 24-July 12

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

And Gillard has a staffer that organised a RIOT!

I think when comparing staffer failures, that will take some beating.

Your definition of a riot is fairly loose.

How much property damage was there? How many people were injured? How many people were arrested?

Did you read about this from the Australian?
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#7 User is offline   icey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3501
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostNotFrogman, on 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Your definition of a riot is fairly loose.

How much property damage was there? How many people were injured? How many people were arrested?

Did you read about this from the Australian?


Posted Image

Posted Image

By all means read the Oz frog, but do check your definitions. That's our beloved PM left of frame by the way.

Fairfax link.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#8 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostNotFrogman, on 21 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Your definition of a riot is fairly loose.

How much property damage was there? How many people were injured? How many people were arrested?

Did you read about this from the Australian?


that just makes u look silly. Historical revisionism is a tool of the left but usually not a mere year post event.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#9 User is offline   scotto 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4300
  • Joined: 14-January 11
  • LocationNewcastle, NSW

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 21 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

that just makes u look silly. Historical revisionism is a tool of the left but usually not a mere year post event.

All tihs is just a distraction from the base behaviour of someone close to Liberal policy making.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#10 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postscotto, on 21 April 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

All tihs is just a distraction from the base behaviour of someone close to Liberal policy making.


silly offhand comment does not compare to organising a riot that could have seriously injured someone.

I can sense the desperation among the labor faithful... it would be entertaining if it weren't so pitiful.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#11 User is offline   Bam 

  • Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 3205
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 21 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

silly offhand comment does not compare to organising a riot that could have seriously injured someone.

I can sense the desperation among the labor faithful... it would be entertaining if it weren't so pitiful.

So this is your response: distraction by mentioning other incidents from the past so that we don't discuss the current topic. Liberal staffers have made bomb threats recently, do we discuss that too? Do we then trawl through the entire history of staffer misconduct?

Or do we stick to the point and discuss the current misconduct?
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#12 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostBam, on 21 April 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

So this is your response: distraction by mentioning other incidents from the past so that we don't discuss the current topic. Liberal staffers have made bomb threats recently, do we discuss that too? Do we then trawl through the entire history of staffer misconduct?

Or do we stick to the point and discuss the current misconduct?


bomb threat??? try reading the article and see if you can come up with a more rational an balanced description. Plus, organising a riot against the opposition is hardly small fry.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#13 User is offline   scotto 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4300
  • Joined: 14-January 11
  • LocationNewcastle, NSW

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 21 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

silly offhand comment does not compare to organising a riot that could have seriously injured someone.

I can sense the desperation among the labor faithful... it would be entertaining if it weren't so pitiful.

Hmmm. A serious threat made, with an attempt to buy off a witness.

And: "organised"? Please. You're reaching a bit yourself there.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#14 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

View Postscotto, on 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Hmmm. A serious threat made, with an attempt to buy off a witness.

And: "organised"? Please. You're reaching a bit yourself there.


well, the term 'organised' is always a reach when describing a labor program or action. They do foul everything up rather spectacularly including this riot which trapped Gillard as well as Abbott. So did they 'organise' the riot? they tried to but as always, messed it up.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#15 User is offline   NotFrogman 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 856
  • Joined: 24-July 12

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Typical tory shitbag move the goalposts revisionist bollocks.

Why should anyone bother to try to debate this miscreant? Its completely and utterly pointless, and his amazingly one eyed view on things is an active hindrance to reasonable discourse.

He is whats wrong with Australia politics.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#16 User is offline   longweekend58 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 04-April 12

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostNotFrogman, on 22 April 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Typical tory shitbag move the goalposts revisionist bollocks.

Why should anyone bother to try to debate this miscreant? Its completely and utterly pointless, and his amazingly one eyed view on things is an active hindrance to reasonable discourse.

He is whats wrong with Australia politics.


revisionism is the tool-in-trade of lefties the world over. Remember how Gillard apparently DIDNT say there would be no carbon tax? It is amusing to watch revisionism in action!
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#17 User is offline   HDMC 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1616
  • Joined: 14-January 11
  • LocationNQ

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 22 April 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

revisionism is the tool-in-trade of lefties the world over. Remember how Gillard apparently DIDNT say there would be no carbon tax? It is amusing to watch revisionism in action!



We don't have a carbon tax.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#18 User is offline   scotto 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4300
  • Joined: 14-January 11
  • LocationNewcastle, NSW

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postlongweekend58, on 22 April 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

well, the term 'organised' is always a reach when describing a labor program or action. They do foul everything up rather spectacularly including this riot which trapped Gillard as well as Abbott. So did they 'organise' the riot? they tried to but as always, messed it up.

At least you've owned up that they didn't organise it; well done.

In the meantime, how about that deliberate threat and attempted cover up by a senior faceless Lib?
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#19 User is offline   Bam 

  • Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 3205
  • Joined: 13-January 11
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postscotto, on 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

In the meantime, how about that deliberate threat and attempted cover up by a senior faceless Lib?

Doctor Mark Roberts has been named as the Liberal staffer who made the threats and was subsequently demoted.

Abbott should have sacked him. Having someone who is willing to be a source for leaks is not someone I would trust with anything confidential.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

#20 User is offline   BOOBOO 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 243
  • Joined: 01-December 11

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostBam, on 22 April 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Doctor Mark Roberts has been named as the Liberal staffer who made the threats and was subsequently demoted.

Abbott should have sacked him. Having someone who is willing to be a source for leaks is not someone I would trust with anything confidential.

Hmmmm....under Fair Work shouldn't the procedure be...a warning and off to counselling....and a tap on the wrist for the host for letting him over imbibe! Surely demotion before a warning and counselling is not in the spirit of the Act...naughty Abbott!
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply