Page 1 of 1

Slashers & Collectors

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

I am not, as stated previously, an economist. However as in everything else..common sense prevails.
By chance I noted an interview on the ABC's 7.30 of Prof Garnaut an economist and to make a long story short the gist of it was that Australia is living beyond it's means and that both political parties will have to "bite the bullet" on fiscal policy (my words) when and if elected to government. Words were not minced....as Prof Garnaut was clear that Federal programs will have to be involved and that a mixture of budgetary cutbacks and increased revenues (my impression) must be implemented. And that is our choice come next Federal election. We have to choose the right political party for this task and we can only judge on past and present performances.
The Liberals in government were noted to be more "slashers" rather than "collectors"(of increased revenue) of the budget. So one can safely assume that the Liberals when once again in government will prefer "slashing" rather than "collecting". This does not augur well to all Federal programs (e.g from that of child care..to welfare...to national disability insurance ) which some 23 million Australians greatly depend on.
On the other hand Labor seems to be taking a more balanced view between that of "slashing" and "collecting"
The choice is up to you.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply