Page 1 of 1

Amazing!

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

I happen to note an item on 7's Today Tonight this week on taking photos in crowded places where young children are present.
The station set up a man and a woman taking photos on what looked like a crowded beach. The woman remained unmolested while she was taking the photos...however the man was immediately pounced on and questioned.
In a clear abuse of power the pouncing was done by a lifeguard where he demanded that he look at the pictures taken.
Of course in a real situation and if that had been my position I would have told the lifeguard in a polite manner 'to piss off" whilst suggesting that if he is of the view that a crime is being committed then he should contact the police whilst adding that I shall remain there waiting for their arrival.
Lifeguards have no legal authority to either search you or your belongings. Only law enforcement has this authority and then only under warrant save in serious criminal suspicion( terrorism, murder etc). However the station was partly at fault for not pointing out this fact in order to educate the viewing public on their rights.
It would be gracious of the station to bring up the topic once more and perhaps interview a legal person on this subject.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply