The Daily Wire: Site Updates - The Daily Wire

Page 1 of 1

Site Updates To keep you all informed

#1 User is offline   JJ 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Things have been coming along a little slower than I had anticipated, unfortunately. I have a number of modifications that are being coded which should come online progressively over the next two weeks.

Upcoming features include:

- Dynamically updated hot topics in the board index. You might have noticed that these have not been updated for over a month. They will be generated based on busy discussion threads on the forum.

- Cross-posting from the blog section will finally work. If your blog is a featured blog, entries will be cross-posted to the forum, in order to drive more traffic and interactivity.

- The blog section will get categories & topics. Basically, there will be some overarching categories (like World / National / State / Sci-Tech / etc), and within these, topics. You will thus be able to browse the blog section with these categories and topics.

- Blog importing will be massively improved. Images and youtube videos will display correctly, and useless text (like broken share links) will be culled.

- The presentation of the blog section will finally get sorted.

Once all of this is up and running, I will be contacting blog owners to try and build up a bit of a syndication network. The core goal of all of this is to create a centralised place for political (and other) discourse for Australians that bypasses the mainstream media.

You might also have noticed that I've updated the overall page layout. It's still a work in progress - the navigation links will change a bit in appearance. Let me know if something isn't working properly for you.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

Please read the Forum Rules & Info thread if you haven't already.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply