The Daily Wire: Online radio and TV - The Daily Wire

Page 1 of 1

Online radio and TV Give Australian media a miss!

#1 User is offline   Truthseeker 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

The media in Australia is so very ... well, medium. Not too exciting at all! TV is overrun with reruns. Music radio an incessant replay of Boring Greatest Hits. Talkback, a right-wing echo chamber. And ABC's political content lately little more than a clearinghouse for Coalition press releases and talking points.

:D Fortunately, alternatives are at hand, online. The internet breaks the chains that once restricted us to echo chamber local content, making the world your oyster.

Politics being a core area of interest here at The Daily Wire, I'll kick off the listings with some listen-online radio outlets that present political perspectives currently unheard on domestic airwaves.

Chicago's Progressive Talk - Home of America's biggest names in Progressive talk radio: Thom Hartmann, Bill Press, Norman Goldman etc. [Click here]

The HORN - The Head On Radio Network. America's listener-supported liberal voice. That's "liberal" with a small l, not to be confused with the Australian political party using the same name. Broadcasts for about 12 hours per day, check back later if not online first time. [Click here]

RationalBroadcasting.com - Streaming Progressive views to the world from Dallas-Forth Worth. [Click here]

Freethought Radio - Politics and more! The #1 Internet Radio Station for Freethinkers, Skeptics, Humanists, Liberals, Brights, Universists, Atheists, Agnostics, and Naturalists. [Click here]

Mike Malloy - The Grandaddy of left-wing talkers. You'll need to shell out some bucks to subscribe, but it's a bargain if hard-hitting, fearless Progressive talk is what you're after. [Click here]

... Please share with us links to your favourite online radio and TV content. What are you watching and listening to?
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

#2 User is offline   JJ 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for starting this thread Truthseeker! It's hard to know which sources you can trust when it comes to finding new media outlets, so it's good to have some recommendations from an Australian perspective. I've got a couple I listen to myself which I'll post when I have a little more time.

Please read the Forum Rules & Info thread if you haven't already.

#3 User is offline   AlexSchlotzer 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

There's a few great clip from Clarke and Dawe at Australian Politics TV.

----
Alex Schlotzer
Visit my Blog about politics, online activism and social media.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply