Page 1 of 1

Sport Is The Game

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

It is of some significance that the"free to air" TV here in Australia is inundated with shows which are/were previously shown on "pay TV".This to mewas somewhat puzzling.Why would the pay TV ownership permit it's shows to be broadcast on free to air TV?.This question had the hallmark of either business incompetency or that of compassionanability towards the community, the latter being the antitheses of business acumen.Then it came to me.Of course these shows ain't the main component source of revenue for these businesses.Sports is the game man!
I am predicting that in Australia within a few years pay TV will corner the market in all sports in the country.There will be community outrage this is for sure. But this will eventually be overcome by those businesses when they enter into various agreements with local sporting clubs and perhaps even with the mainstream Rugby League clubs to donate to the cause of sports. This should work well on the typical emotional Aussie, nothing better to those emotions than a "business" donating money to a worthy cause....and sports in Australia would be considered in this category
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

#2 User is offline   Devin09 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNY

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

With Ke11y Slater having won his 11th World Surfing Crown, a debate was started amoungst my mates and I about who the best Sports person in the world is.

I'm going with Kelly Slater, based on the fact he has been at the top of his game for 23 years now, and won his 11th World Title.

A few other names have been thrown around, the likes of Tiger Woods, Pete Sampras, Michael Jordan, Michael Shumacher and then Phil " The Powerhouse" Taylor, for you that don't know who he is he has won 15 World Championship Darts Titles.

So the debate then took a turn whereby, I and a few others don't see Darts being an actual sport. We all see it being a "game". For myself its like saying Pool, Bowling or even Gymnastics are sports.

So I pose the question, what do you consider to be a "Sport" or a "Game"? Do you think darts is a sport
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply