Page 1 of 1

They've Lost It!

#1 User is offline   dumbcluck 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

You know I used to be a fan in watching Eurovision and the San Remo Festival from Italy. I have not been doing so for a number of years due to the fact that well.....the songs are all.......sh**it! However I watched it last night as I wanted to watch Englebert Humperdinck performing and fortunately he was alotted first place. However even his song was not that hot.
What the hell happened to our contemporary music writers? They have definitely lost their sense of melody, and a song without melody is like a car without tyres.
Some years ago SBS here in Australia commenced broadcasting the San Remo Festival from Italy....and during that time (i.e.in the 1980's) this festival used to present those old Italian performers (e.g. Al Bano, Gianni Morandi, Little Tony). The songs were excellent. However year after year as these performers disappeared, new and younger performers commenced appearing. It is then I stopped watching as the songs became...well mediocre specifically in their construction which was completely absent of any melody.
And I said to myself...if Italy lost it...(Italy is, or was, known as the "land of songs").....so has everyone else.
Register so you can post replies with ease and remove this message.
Already registered? Please login now to make this message go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply